Monday, February 28, 2011

Pamela Palmer - Hunger Untamed


For a thousand years she has haunted him—Ariana, queen of the Ilinas, a beauty of mist and light. His love, his life mate... Kougar believed her lost to him forever until the truth of her stunning betrayal left him bitter and hungry for revenge. Now she alone holds the power to save two trapped and desperate Feral Warriors.
Ariana, caught in a deadly battle of her own, is neither the soulless creature Kougar believes her to be, nor the savior he seeks. And when darkness threatens to annihilate both races, the greatest danger of all becomes the glorious love Kougar and Ariana once shared. A love that must never rise again. A love that has never died.


Comment: I'm a fan of this series by mrs Palmer, therefore it was with great expectations I started reading the latest book, Hunger Untamed.
This is a good series, but I think it lacks one thing to make it greater. I think the characters should interact more. Usually this is my biggest complaint about series. The author provides a good background and then explores the plot, the main couple has a lot of air time, but if all the characters live together like in this case, isn't a bit weird that they only talk once in a while and for fighting purposes? I understand it has to be like this, probably the author has to follow some "rules" in writing, but...perhaps that's why I prefer other authors like JR Ward, that created a worls and each book is part of that world opposed to be another book of that world.
Anyway, the plot was a bit known because of the way the previous book had ended, so no surprises there.
I must say I was a bit disappointed with the end, I expected more things, more insight to some things that happened.
The main characters were nothing new either. The reluctant hero, who refuses to share things about himself, the martyr heroine who falls in love again...expected but it can always be done in a fresh way, which isn't the case.
I'll keep reading because I want to know what happens to the remaining single characters and I hope to see more characters showing up.
The previous book, Rapture Untamed, had been such a great book, I hoped for more about this one...oh well, let's hope the next one will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment