Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nalini Singh - Angel's Blood



Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux is hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael. But this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other--and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break.


(Mini) Comment: I wasn't execting to be marveled while reading this book but part of me wanted to, because it's feom one of my favourite authors and many people had liked it. But my expectations were met and I wasn't overly dazzled by the book, or the characters. We can't enjoy everything. I was constantly comparing my feelings to those of when I was reading the other series the author has and I couldn't help it to feel a bit bored witht this story. I am aware the book has received prizes and it well loved by readers, but to me..it wasn't that special.

I don't even know how to explain why I didn't like it that much, perhaps it has to do with the way the angels think, it seems they're too indiferent, I wasn't really convinced about their emotional status...or lack of it, to be more exact.
I'll keepr eading, who knows if the next one isn't a pearl? But this one lacked things.
Nothing like her other series, which dazzles, ensnares and conquers me with every single book.

No comments:

Post a Comment