Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Christine Feehan - Dark Predator

As brutal as the undead he hunted, Zacarias De La Cruz was a master executioner. Now his stark and savage journey has ended. For his brothers, Zacarias had walked to the edge of madness, but with centuries as a killing machine now left to the past and without a hunt to define him, Zacarias wonders, for the first time in his life, who he really is.
The answer awaits him back home, in Peru, in the betrayal of a woman who is readying her trap, in the vengeance of an old enemy, in the inevitable consequences of a bloody family legacy-and in the deliverance of a lifemate he never could have imagined...



Comment: This is a series I'm getting too tired of. It's always the same thing and the novelty of seeing the couple admitting they love each other is no longer a winning point to make me faithful to the series.
After so long, I think the author can't offer anything new at this point. Fro 25 books, we've seen always the same problems, we read over and over how things are difficult for the Carpathian people and how close to extinction they are. After 25 books we know something that will help them. 25 books.
I wonder if another 25 will be needed for us to see something more happen in the Carpathian world.
I understand the series, the dedication the author feels for and gave to it, but it's repetitive. Too repetitive.
Right now, only the story of Skylar compels me. I'll read that one, when it comes out but to be honest nothing else is making me eager to read. I won't buy anymore books, I'll wait for friends who like them to borrow them to me, because I've spent a lot of money already but I no longer feel it's being well spent.
About this book, as usual, the male is possessive, a caveman, he doesn't let the woman do anything and I no longer see it as romantic and a need. The girl excuses him for almost everything and even accepts what I see as rape because she loves him. This no longer feels right to me, so I'm thinking of giving up before I really hate the series. It's too bad because I've dedicate hours to the books I've read and I feel sorry but I don't want to hate them. I'll wait and hope for Skylar's anyway....and I wish it actually brings something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment