Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Laura Wright - Eternal Captive

Since feeding her his blood, Lucian Roman has struggled with his obsession with Bronwyn Kettler-fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed. But when a dangerous enemy threatens Bronwyn, only Lucian can save her life. Even if it means sacrificing his own..

Comment: To be honest there were some things that I had already forgotten about this series when I picked this book. This actually happens a lot to me because I read so many books, and so many of them part of a series that things start to blur although I can manage to separate them pretty well. Does this happen to you? Is your head full of worlds?

Anyway, back to the book. It's the third in the Mark of the Vampire series. It's the story of Lucien, the younger of the three Roman brothers and his obsession with Bronwyn Kettler, someone he met in book #1. They didn't seem to get along that well but when you hate someone so badly at first sight it might not be hate at all.
While battling his fate of becoming the breding male, someone in their world's lore that will have the mind of an animal and would want nothing but sex, Lucien is also trying to protect Bron and to be honest I really liked how they finally admitted their feelings.
I think the language the author uses to describe some sexual scenes didn't have to be so crude, which I think it is, but it's her right..and although it suits Lucien's mood and personality I'd prefer to not read some words so many times.
In terms of plot, I was quite surprised over some things, especially some family connections about the Romans. I'm really curious to see what's coming in the following books. Also we discover a certain information in the end of the book concerning another character, and I can't wait for the next book to see it develop. Discoveries apart I was happy with the book, it has a good feeling of entertainment and without the discoveries it would still be quite readable. Plus, the bad guy is getting some well deserved setbacks. I'll await for the next one with some expectations...I hope I won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment