-> Anyway, before anything else, the overall averages.
- I've read 193 books. I didn't reach the total of 200 I wanted like it happened last year. I could say some of the books I've read were huge so it would sort of compensate in terms of pages read but o excuses, I just couldn't reach that number. Still, I've aimed for that same number this year in the Goodreads challenge, I hope I can do it this time.
- My most successful month was March, where I managed to read 19 books and the worst were February and December with only 14. I know it's not bad comparing to many people but we always want to do better of ourselves, right?
- I've purchased 99 books, same as last year. I did spend more however. It was a total of 690,95€, which amounts to more or less 946$. A lot, yes....more than my monthly paycheck but in my defense I do not buy shoes all the time nor do I spend money on other things, books are my only vice!
- 129 of the books I've read were by authors whose work I previously knew and had read. This means I've tried 64 new authors, most of them a good bet.
- Of these books, in a very general range, I've loved 44, liked 72, thought 57 to be satisfying enough, I stayed indifferent towards 11 and didn't enjoy 9. Good numbers I guess.
- The genre I've read the most was the paranormal romance but I like many genres and many types of stories, this year it won't be different.
Now, for the pile of books that languish in my house, like most of you certainly, the number is big. probably not as huge as many of you, but for me...I have right now 356 books in my TBR list. Not counting the LGBT ones because I have many and I didn't feel like doing the math, but believe they're many. Anyway, I have more 18 books in this list than I did last year... no words necessary to explain, isn't it?
However, I can't say I'm sorry and I already bought four more books just this morning... No penance is enough, so....
I'll post about some favorite titles next time for I have to leave.
Happy new year, everyone!