Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2021 Book Statistics

Time for another "end of the year" post. This is one of the posts I like seeing in other people's blogs and review sites... so fun to see a summary of the reading year!

In my case, here are some numbers and titles of 2021:

Statistics!

-> In 2021 I've read 221 books, more in October and less in July.

All these books mean 64955 pages. The numbers match my reading ability, so I've read more pages in October and less in July.

Of all the books read, 110 were by known authors to me and 111 by new authors, which is fun to consider...

The first book of the year was Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness, in the middle was Caffe Amore by Nicky Pellegrino and the last one was The Lion's Den by Katherine St John.


Of all the books I read, I loved 7, liked 121, thought 70 were so-so, I didn't enjoy much of 19 and 4 weren't to my liking, although I've resisted dnf'ing.

The genre I read the most was Contemporary (58), Historial (46), Fiction (30), PNR (26), M/M (33), Thrillers (12), some non-fiction (8), and Fantasy/SciFi and other four titles I can't decided on a genre had 4 titles each.


I've purchased 72 books, spending around 610,69€. I spent more in October and less in September. I've noticed I spend more than last year for less books. This means books are clearly more expensive and I'll have to turn my attention more to used books for certain.


My TBR says around 512 on Goodreads but I'm already past the idea I will ever manage it much less end it.


Books Read!

->I gave 5 stars to seven books but mostly because they meant something for me at the moment. I probably would change my opinion were I to read them with a different mood. They aren't all well liked by the majority of readers who tried them but, for me, they really worked.


Another interesting note: most of the books I've read were not published in 2020. I'm a "collector" so I rarely have time to dedicate myself that much to new releases. Besides, after a few months or years, the price usually can be found cheaper...

I try to have many possibilities in different genres, I still try to follow personal lists but it's inevitable some things just don't seem to go out of the bottom of the pile...


Favorites in order (by chronological read during the year)
The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
Den of Wolves by Juliet Marillier
The High King's Golden Tongue by Megan Derr
Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson
Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith
The Traveling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa
The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See


Favorite M/M books (no order)
The High King's Golden Tongue by Megan Derr
In the Shadows by Hailey Turner
Role Model by Rachel Reid


Biggest disappointments
The Journey of Elizabeth Ann Rose by Brenda Ashworth Barry
Too Hot to Handle by Elizabeth Lowell
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover


Best in general:
Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith. The story is compelling, the crime has a resolution I didn't see coming at all, and although for many it can be tiring to have the same things being mentioned, regarding the protagonists slow evolution, for me it was like spending time with friends.


Worst in general:
The Journey of Elizabeth Ann Rose by Brenda Ashworth Barry. I expected something very different from what it turned out to be, especially in terms of content and characterization. 


Another year finished, more to come at the end of this one. Fingers crossed there will be more positive/good books than disappointing ones! Wishing you the same, of course :)
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment