Monday, December 27, 2010

Deeanne Gist - A Bride Most Begrudging


When Lady Constance Morrow finds herself held against her will aboard a ship bound for the American colonies - a ship filled with "tobacco brides" and felons - she is quite sure that as soon as she arrives she will find a reasonable man who will believe her father is an earl and send her back on the next ship to England. Instead she meets Drew O'Connor, a determined Colonial farmer who is nearly as headstrong as she is. Drew wins Constance as his bride but soon realizes he has taken on much more than he bargained for...

Comment: This was my first attempt to read an historical inspirational novel. I was a bit afraid it would exagerate the reliogious theme, but the author was superb in balancing the romance, the plot and the Scriptures.
Almost at the end there were some things I found too seen, but I guess after so many years reading romance it's bound to happen.
The end was bittersweet. I mean, it ended ok, the couple is happy but one character, a dear one, had a tragic finale and it made me sad.

Overall, I liked it a lot. We can see how both main characters think about their new relationship and it's fun to watch them admiting they actually want to be together. Constance learns to live an love the new land and Drew and he sees love is the best part of living. I really loved the whole book.
I'll certainly try to get more books by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment