Sunday, December 26, 2010

Robert Muchamore - The Fall


When an MI5 operation goes disastrously wrong, James Adams needs all of his skills to get out of Russia alive. Meanwhile, his sister Lauren is on her first solo mission, trying to uncover a brutal human trafficking operation. And when James does get home, he finds that his nightmare is just beginning ! CHERUB agents have one crucial advantage: adults never suspect that children are spying on them.

Comment: It's been a long time since I've taken a fancy for juvenile books. I guess it's all aprt of growing up.
In this case, I buy them for my teenager brother and after a while I read them because they entertain and usually one has a good time with them, even though the books are too fanciful to be realistic.
The main characters are young spies. We follow their lives and missions and how they, often, save the day.
There are currently 13 books, I just finished the 7th, hopefully will read the others when they are published in portuguese as well. I can't say it's a work of art but the truth is, it sells and it amuses people. When I just want to wase my brain, rest a bit, this is a perfect read.

No comments:

Post a Comment