Sunday, January 9, 2011

Clancy Nacht & Thursday Euclid - Black Gold


Billy "Goldie" Goldean is the biggest pop star in the world and he's harboring a terrible, career-killing secret: he's gay. Even with song titles such as "Astral Glider" and "Winking Brown Eye," few question Goldie's squeaky-clean teen heartthrob status. That is, until Jethro "Jett" Black, an infamous womanizer and underground punk icon, names him in the pages of Rolling Stone magazine as the celebrity he'd most like to fuck.

After Goldie and Jett hook up at an industry party, Goldie's management dumps him, Jett's exes come back to haunt them, and even Goldie's mother makes a public plea for him to come to his senses. Goldie wants to trust his untamed new lover but the pressures of fame may tear them apart.


Comment: The moment I saw the cover of this book I was hooked.
The artist is one of the best, for sure, and all the covers done by PL Nunn are always catchy and colorful.
I had to get my hands on this story and I did.
I thought it would be more focused on the character's choices than in the consequences, but that was fine. I think they didn't had to appear so possessive of each other, but the reasoning both of them claimed seemed real, considering I'm not in loveand I'm not well known, therefore I can't really be judge of how I would react in that position.
This story is quite enjoyable I'll look forward to see some more books by both authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment