Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sandra Hill - Dark Viking


Rita, a former stunt woman, can't believe she signed up to be a female Navy SEAL. She needed the signup money to pay her mother's medical bills.
Steven, a fierce Viking warrior is depressed over the "death" of his brother Thorfinn. Yep, even Vikings get the blues.
Rita can't believe she's been tossed back in time to the tenth century wearing a head-to-toe wetsuit and flippers with her face cammied up.
Steven can't believe the gods have sent him a fish woman to ease his woes. Not a beautiful mermaid, but an ugly-as-death fish.
How dare the brute put her in a cage!
How dare the wench teach his people line dancing!
Love and laughter guaranteed in this trip down Memory Lane...uh Fjord.

Comment: I've been reading the author for some years now. When I first started reading them, they all seemed amazing and fresh, the language, the humor...
Today I still think that, but the truth is, they no longer seduce me like before.
Today I read them more for fun and loyalty than despair eagerness.
But it's ok, after all everyone changes and it's only natural the reading changes too.

The story is everything the author used us to: the time-travel, the romance, the "what am I doing here?", the HEA...oh and by the way, is it me or the books seem smaller everytime? I enjoyed it a lot, especially because of the reading changes. We all like to revisit loved worlds and characters, and it's no exception in this case. For me, at least.
I'll keep reading as long as the books are a portrait of hapiness...of sadness is the Real World full of...

No comments:

Post a Comment