Monday, February 21, 2011

Jeaniene Frost - This Side of The Grave


Danger waits on both sides of the grave

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they’ve triumphed over the latest battle, Cat’s new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance



Comment: Once again, I enjoyed a book by this author a lot.
I've been a fan of this series since I read the first book, a couple of years ago. I haven't regret it even once. I know what I'm paying for and mrs Frost delivers.
This is another adventure of beloved characters Cat and Bones, after the spin-off books last year featuring other characters.
I love the interaction between those two. It sems to me th author tries to give them a trueness, usually not seen in romance novels, where everything has to end well with no bumps in the way. In this series we see what Cat thinks, but this way we also see her thoughts on how to deal with everything, including how to work things out with Bones, when things are well, and especially, when they're not so good.
In this new novel, ghouls are trying to take out Cat because they fear her powers. I think, bearing in mind the plots of all the books so far, this one is not the strongest, but all the news that pop up in this book make up for that. I won't tell in order not to spoil, but they're a lot and they rock! Can't wait to see where the author is going with so many new interesting things!
Next book will be out in the fall, and I'll faithfully wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment