Tuesday, April 5, 2011

JR Ward - Lover Unleashed


Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, warrior cloth as her brother: A fighter by nature, and a maverick when it comes to the traditional role of Chosen females, there is no place for her on the Far Side… and no role for her on the front lines of the war, either.

When she suffers a paralyzing injury, human surgeon Dr. Manuel Manello is called in to treat her as only he can- and he soon gets sucked into her dangerous, secret world. Although he never before believed in things that go bump in the night- like vampires- he finds himself more than willing to be seduced by the powerful female who marks both his body and his soul.

As the two find so much more than an erotic connection, the human and vampire worlds collide … just as a centuries old score catches up with Payne and puts both her love and her life in deadly jeopardy.


Comment: I was so afraid I might be forever disappointed with this series. I admit I'm not very happy with some things happening in the series, but I've been in love with the characters since the first book and that's what still makes me eager to read another story, so I can know more about loved characters. Of course it's all fiction but faithful readers kind of deserves a prize for their dedication. I'm not talking about anything more that a simple book well done. We know that it is impossible to satisfy everyone about the same things but I like to think the things I do like, it's because of a reason, my personal perspective. If my perspective tells me I don't like it, I just stop and that's it. But I'm sad anyway, so...


All this to say I know there are many readers out there that feel their perspective is getting cheated on. I get that. But I hope my personal view remains unchainged in the global way of things...


The book has so many sub-plots, it's difficult to keep up with them. But all in all I'm happy with the way things developped. Two things I definitely didn't particularly like:

1. V/Butch thing. I'm a full fan of Jane. I know some people would like B and V together but not me. So, in the end all the closure V experiences and his change in attitude towards Jane and their relationship pleased me. A lot. But the parts with Butch...I mean, Butch is still, until this day, my favourite character in the series. I fell in love with him since the beginning and I'm faithful, lol, but it bothers me a bit that the author keeps giving the readers enough ammunition and innuendos that just keep the speculation running. I understand her position but I don't agree with it...if they both have mates why keeping up with the idea something intimate might happen? Because that must be the purpose of always stating somethig about them everywhere...I just hope this time she leaves them alone... Butch needs V, we know, there's no need to keep hitting that all the time!

2. Missing people, help. I mean, it's obvious all the cast couldn't appear in all the books, she wouldn't be writing a book, but a whole dictionary, but I missed some characters. Where's No'One, Lassiter? Such key players in the previous book, shouldn't we know more about what they've been doing? What about Muhrder...isn't time that he shows up for good? This book picks up details about the twins, whose lives were played out because of one person's actions and where is that person?? Missing SV for sure....


I liked Manny and Payne relationship, the balance between them. The fact their end isn't closed it's good, something more could happen. Qhuinn and Blay still break my heart. I'm totally in favour of their union, I just hope it will be as poignant and emotional as I think. There are new characters on board, they seemed interesting and good protagonist material...Hopefully they will have a lot of air time in the following book.

I've finished the book with a happy face, Payne and Manny are ok, V and Jane are finally a happily mated pair and V and Payne said "i love you" to each other even after years and years of separation...all in all, great. Let's hope she continues with good things...

No comments:

Post a Comment