Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lora Leigh - Navarro's Promise


In the wolf breed novel, NAVARRO’S PROMISE, Mica Toler’s best friend is the wolf/coyote hybrid breed, Cassie Sinclair. And now Mica is being drawn into her world in ways she had prayed she never would be when the charming wolf breed Navarro makes good on the promise he made her on a dark, explosive night. The Breeds guaranteed that no harm would come to Micah Toler but they never allowed for her sensual fascination with Navarro Blaine. Aloof, cool, and mysterious, he draws her in as no man ever has. But Micah never wanted this. She had her own dreams, her own desires, and being stalked and seduced by a wolf breed wasn’t part of that plan. Now she knows her life is in danger. What Navarro knows is that she’s his mate and that the breeding and training that created him is being peeled away in his desperation to claim a woman that refuses to be claimed. He has her body. She craves his touch. And as the breeds converge the past will rise up to haunt Navarro in ways he never expected.


Comment: My opinion about this series remains the same since I've read Styx's Storme last year. I wish I could see more new things, more developpment in the story, more plots, or at least some kind of decisions made in this one.


The romance in this book feels more of the same...the male doesn't want the mating at first, she acepts it sooner, nothing new there. I like the series, I do, but they start to be too much of the same, unfortunally. Mica and Navarro seemed different because of their conditions before mating; he's a recessed breed and she has known about breeds for a long time and while human, she accepts them for what they are. I liked seeing a human mate who knows exactly what she's getting into, but still, something more would be appreciated.

The evil dr Brandenmore finally has a finale, one the reader expected but still the answears to how to solve some problems are still to figure out, especially because he apparently knew how to solve them.


I hope new things start to appear...I mean, I don't want to see the series end and there are many characters that deserve a story, some I'm eager to see (Like Ely and Cassie and Rule - Lawe is next...), but I wished they didn't seemed repetitive. I think the author creates great sex scenes, interesting characters, but I wished I'd see more world developpment, more plot too. There are still so many things to be explained...


I understand the need to keep things slow in order to justify the incoming books, but it would be good if the author could focus more on the world instead of the sex... I know this is her style and the way the books are, but after so long, only the sex isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment