Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jessica Andersen - Storm Kissed

When sexy Nightkeeper Dez goes rogue, the bounty hunter enlisted to catch him is Reese, his former lover. The sexual energy between them is hotter than ever-but the life-and-death stakes attached to the chase may pull them apart for good.

Comment: I'm quite pleased with this new installment in the nightkeepers series. It is much better than the previous one. Actually as soon as I read a daring new things in the storyline I was shocked, there was no way the author would go on with this, but I guess it was just a reaction of the moment, because right now the idea doesn't seem that reckless. Something I wouldn't choose, definitely, but not so bad.

So, in this new book, the nightkeepers adventures are coming close to its end. Snake Mendez is finally working with the rest of the nightkeepers and his help is vital to the success of their mission. Reese Montana is there too, to joing forces with Mendez and help uniting the team even more.
At the same time we see some scenes from Sven's POV (he will be the next book's protagonist) and we find out thrilling news to the good one's team.
Of course, some bad things might also happen but the book is amazingly well balanced in this matter.

I won't post spoilers, but I must say I was quite shocked to see the path the author took to lead the story. I'm still thinking about it. I wouldn't do it this way, but I hope her talent makes this all right in the end.
We get to see new characters and tidbits for the two last books. It was supposed to be three of them, but apparently only two are going to be released because the schedule probably wouldn't allow more. Next will be Sven's and Rabbit's will close the deal. I can't wait for both of them.

In this Storm Kissed, the author has once again written a good story, strong and balanced and with many information, which shows her deep research. The romance isn't my favourite, as I'm not a fan of the reunited lovers theme, but she wrote it in a way that didn't bothered me much and I was able to overcome this little pet peeve of mine. Anyway, the writing keeps solid and serious and gives a tone of reality to the story.
In the end, I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment