Thursday, June 23, 2011

Laura Wright - Eternal Hunger

Alexander Roman wants nothing to do with the controlling rulers of his vampire breed or the family he escaped from a hundred years ago. But as a new threat to the pureblood vampires emerges, Alexander's ties to the past are forced upon him again, and without warning, he finds himself -- disoriented, terrified, and near death -- at the door of a stranger.
Dr. Sara Donohue is dedicated to removing the traumatic memories of her patients -- like those of the stranger at her front door. But what he tells her of his past is too astonishing to believe. Yet she has seen his flesh scarred by the sun and witnessed his inhuman strength. And never before has she felt so connected to a man....
But as their worlds collide, Sara and Alexander are bound by something stronger, as one becomes hunter and the other prey....

Comment: Years ago, I did read one of the author's stories she wrote for harlequin. The book had been interesting, but obviously short and to sugary.
I felt a bit reluctant to read this book because I was afraid to read more of it, but then I must say I got positively surprised to be proven wrong.

The story is focused on the Roman brothers, a trio of vampires who severed links with their vampire community and went to see and live the world outside. Now the Council wants their help to look for and kill an Impure who wants to destroy the race as it is. Alexander is the oldest and gets marked to change and to become a vampire in its last phase. In this state he must look for his true mate in order to stay alive and healthy.
Sara is a doctor who gets on the vampire way and ends up helping him. Thus starts an adventur neither saw coming.

Like I said, I'm surprised by the book and by how happy it made me feel. This didn't dazzled me at all, but it started a good story and one I feel the need to keep reading about. I'll buy the second one for sure.
One thing I liked in the book is the fact we have many characters and slowly we get to see a bit of them all. The book isn't only about the romance and that is something I love in my books.
The fact the story is divided in, mostly, short paragraphs also helps the reader feel it's reading more and more and to avoid boring moments.
I'm very eager to read about secondary characters and to know how this couple is doing, I liked how the author made things work out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment