Saturday, July 16, 2011

2 In 1: Going Once

~Well, here I am again. I'm not missing, just very busy because of my job, which takes up a lot of time I could spend here.


Anyway, I have 6 books to speak about and I'm far behind, considering I'll probably won't have much time to post in the following week either. So I'll write two mini comments for 4 of those books, two of them today, the others tomorrow.~



At eighteen, Corinne Bishop was a beautiful, spirited young woman living a life of privilege as the adopted daughter of a wealthy family. Her world changed in an instant when she was stolen away and held prisoner by the malevolent vampire Dragos. After many years of captivity and torment, Corinne is rescued by the Order, a cadre of vampire warriors embroiled in a war against Dragos and his followers. Her innocence taken, Corinne has lost a piece of her heart as well -- the one thing that gave her hope during her imprisonment, and the only thing that matters to her now that she is free.

Assigned to safeguard Corinne on her trip home is a formidable golden-eyed Breed male called Hunter. Once Dragos's most deadly assassin, Hunter now works for the Order, and he's hell-bent on making Dragos pay for his manifold sins. Bonded to Corinne by their mutual desire, Hunter will have to decide how far he'll go to end Dragos's reign of evil -- even if carrying out his mission means shattering Corinne's tender heart.


Comment: Another book in this series, so far, it wasn't my favourite, because I never imagined this heroine for Hunter, the breed that was set free and joined the "good guys". I imagined someone from the outside world, a breedmate that didn't know about breeds, and I confess I thought about dialogues in my head, Of course it wasn't so, which means part of my - not dislike - "unfavouritism" it's because of that. I won't reveal secrets, but there were some things quite important happening, but perhaps it's due to the fact the series is about to end, or at least, this arc. I haven't checked any news from the author about incoming projects. Overall the book could be better, I think. It seems there could be given more ait time to the characters to process their feelings, to accept things, but the author has a storyline limit not to cross and at the same time the book would have to be longer to achieve that. I liked it, but more becauae I'm a fan since the beginning and not for the story specifically.

Just one short season ago, major league center fielder John Roper had it all: the looks--and personal life--of a sports hero and the public's adoration. But this hot property's lucky streak has run out. After a World Series disaster, fans diss him, shock jocks mock him and his dysfunctional family hassles him for money he really can't spare. Now it's up to him, and Hot Zone publicist Amy Stone, to get his life back on track.

Amy finds it's easier said than done. What with the constant intrusions of his nutty family, a crazed fan playing stalker, and Roper's refusal to put his own needs first, she's starting to think that life in the fast lane isn't all it's cracked up to be. But when the two retreat to a secluded lodge, the sexy center fielder throws Amy a curveball--one she never saw coming..


Comment: I read this story just to have some closure on the series. i had read the previous three books years ago and only recently decided to read some dusty TBR titles. The story is predictable, in the same line as the others and the dialogue could be so much better, I don't know I didn't feel much eagerness to see what they would say to easch other. It's a fun read to relax, to read between other things, but definetily not my everday choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment