Monday, August 1, 2011

Alex Beecroft - The Captain's Surrender

Ambitious and handsome, Joshua Andrews had always valued his life too much to take unnecessary risks. Then he laid eyes on the elegant picture of perfection that is Peter Kenyon.
Soon to be promoted to captain, Peter Kenyon is the darling of the Bermuda garrison. With a string of successes behind him and a suitable bride lined up to share his future, Peter seems completely out of reach to Joshua.
But when the two men are thrown together to serve during a long voyage under a sadistic commander with a mutinous crew, they discover unexpected friendship. As the tension on board their vessel heats up, the closeness they feel for one another intensifies and both officers find themselves unable to reign in their passion.


Comment: I had previously read some comments about Alex Beecroft and the majority are quite positive, so I didn't have any doubts to start a book by this author.

The think I enjoyed the most were the descriptions. The writing style is appealing and the fact the descriptions of colours, smells, the ships, the whole environment, everything seemed well done and precise.

The love story was sweet as it happens with most romances where one of the guys doesn't know he has it in him to be gay curious, and I liked how natural it looked. Their both personalities are appealing and the reader feels for them when we get to see things from their POV. Plus the antagonist was fearsome and I didn't look forward to see more scenes where he was in.

I enjoyed the story yes, I think I'd have liked a little less focus on other characters, not that it was a bad thing, but it was a bit distracting.

I'll try more books by the author in the future, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment