Monday, August 29, 2011

Lynsay Sands - Born to Bite

LEGEND HAS IT THAT ARMAND ARGENAU IS A KILLER IN THE BEDROOM
But with all three of his late wives meeting unfortunate and untimely ends, is this sexy immortal a lover or a murderer? That's what Eshe d'Aureus intends to find out. As an enforcer, it's her job to bring rogue vampires to justice, even if the rogue in question makes her blood race red hot.
Armand knew she was trouble the moment Eshe roared into town on her motorcycle, clad in tight black leather. But after three wives who've all had trouble remaining, well, undead, Armand is reluctant to open his heart again. Then strange accidents start to happen, and Armand realizes he may not have much time to prove he's a lover, not a slayer.


Comment: I'm a fan of the Argeneau series by mrs Sands. I've read almost all the books and so far my favourite one remains Bite me If You Can.
I like the imaginative way she explains vampirism and how the characters interact with each other, I love they are all part of a big family and there's people coming out from everywhere. It's fun and more than enjoyable to read.

Born to Bite is book #13 in the series, and I must say, so far, it's the weakest one. I wasn't very happy with the main couple, I didn't think they had much chemestry even tough they're lifemates. On one hand, it's understandable, they both had had lifemates before so the way the relationship happens wouldn't be the same to a couple new to the lifemates business, but still, I hoped for a better romance.
The plot on the other hand, is amazing and interesting to follow. There's a point we easily see who the villain is, but knowing it doesn't take the eagerness to see it. I think this book is one of the ones with a more serious tone.
I'm reading another one next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment