Sunday, January 15, 2012

Joanna Chambers - The Lady's Secret

London, 1810
Former actress Georgiana Knight always believed she and her brother were illegitimate–until they learn their parents were married, making them heirs to a great estate. To prove their claim, Georgy needs to find evidence of their union by infiltrating a ton house party as valet to Lord Nathaniel Harland . Though masquerading as a boy is a challenge, it pales in comparison to sharing such intimate quarters with the handsome, beguiling nobleman.
Nathan is also unsettled by Georgy’s presence. First intrigued by his unusual valet, he’s even more captivated when he discovers Georgy’s charade. The desire the marriage-shy earl feels for his enigmatic employee has him hoping for much more than a master-servant relationship…
But will Nathan still want Georgy when he learns who she truly is? Or will their future be destroyed by someone who would do anything to prevent Georgy from uncovering the truth?


Comment: This was the first book I've read in 2012. I heard about this book in Hilcia's blog and the blurb seemed so interesting that I got curious. When I saw her review I was convinced I wanted to try it.
For an amazing review you should check
Hilcia's post, but my comment is the following: I liked it a lot, I had so much fun reading it and it grabed immediatly because time would go by and I wanted to keep reading. It really was annoying when I had to pause the reading for some reason.
I liked the writing style a lot and especially the pace, nothing seemd rushed or boring, it had the perfect balance.
Both main characters were convincing and their feelings touched me and I was hoping for them to get their HEA. The way this happend also made me happy, I don't think the author has done anything sloppy, perhaps it's the publisher's work there or whomever, but all the pieces fit together.

The other characters offered interesting interactions, and I was curious about them too, it felt they weren't there just to act as co-stars, it was truly important or them to exist, I liked having the feeling that the story had this purpose as well.
The storyline was interesting to follow and didn't seem too much. It was such fun to see Georgy trying to be invisible and then Nathan taking notice of her, I liked the idea a lot.
This is the author's first published book, I hope she can produce more and as good or better than this one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! You liked it too! Wasn't this a fun read? It was such a great surprise for me. I loved the way Chambers worked it all out, and it really left a smile on my face at the end. Like you, I'm also hoping this author's next book is just as good, if not better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was fun to read and to "watch" lol

    ReplyDelete