Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dianne Duvall - Night Reigns

Ami isn't much for trusting strangers. She has a hard time trusting anyone. But she's no coward, and she's no pushover in the protection department either. So when she comes across a mysterious warrior taking on eight deranged vampires on his own, she doesn't hesitate to save his bacon. Of course, that was before she realized what one little rescue would get her into...
Marcus Graden has been an Immortal protector of humanity for eight hundred years, and he's not interested in backup. From the moment Ami arrives in his life, he can't deny that she's strong, smart, and extremely skilled at watching his back. But she's also destroying his protective solitude and stirring desires he can't bear to awaken. After all, whatever her secrets -- how can she defeat death itself?




Comment: This is the second book in the only series by this author. This second books brings us known characters and developments in the storyline.
We get to know ow things are and we see several characters that, hopefully, will have a book (cof, David, cof).
Some friends have read the book before me and said so many good things about it, they talked non stop about theories concerning some character's future and especially Ami, the female protagonist that I felt interested by their comments alone.
While reading I was curious, interested yes but I wasn't crazy over the story as they seemed to have been. Then when I read Ami's secret I was like what? It's plausible but not common and I still have a hard time accepting it. It's not bad or something unwanted, but it's...different enough to stand out. To me at least.


While reading the first book, I didn't expect Ami and Marcus to hook up. I saw her with someone else, but I enjoyed seeing their relationship develop, especially how it made Marcus a better person.
What I liked was the fact we are given small tidbits of possibilities, of things that might happen to some characters, romantically speaking, and I can't wait to see those things happen or start having more air time.
I also liked seeing David. I can't understand my fixation with this character but the fact is he's the one that just grabs my attention whenever he shows up.
The story went along and we get clues on how it might evolve and it's going to be interesting to watch.
In the end, I've finished the book happy but not dazzled like I tought. Still, it's something I'll keep reading for sure
.

No comments:

Post a Comment