Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kristine Grayson - Utterly Charming

A Day In The Life of Nora Barr, Esq.
Dear Diary,
I can't believe the day I've had. Just when I finally get a client, he turns out to be a nut case! Not only has he been arrested for torching a neighborhood, but he also claims to be the magician who knocked out the Sleeping Beauty a thousand years ago! Is this guy for real or what? Okay, I have to admit, he is the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on. Oh! And did I mention he has a smile to die for? Pinch me if I'm dreaming, but I think my Prince Charming has finally arrived!



Comment: The moment I saw this book mixed contemproary with fairy tales, paranormal style, I had to get it. This is the first book in a series.
I started this book really eager because I imagined things a certain way..well, there's a reson one shouldn't creat expectations on books. The story is interesting but I didn't like the way it was told. It wasn't captivating at all to me.
The story starts with prince Charming (with another name) finding Nora, a lawyer, to help him protecting Sleeping Beauty. But there's an attraction between him and Nora and the Evil Queen shows up...well, you get the point.
The story is full of magic and some fairytales lore mixed with nowadays culture and there's even the mythological Fates there!
I think everything was a bit confusing and then the way the story is told is a bit boring too...I'm afraid I wasn't that impressed... then the romance is tasteless, it's only in looks and a kiss but hey some books rock in the chemestry they show up that sex is disposable, but in this case there was no chemestry, the fact they said I love You in the last page seemed as fake as the fact the sun arises on west.
Anyway, it seems I'm very harsh on the book, but to be honest I didn't enjoy it. I tought the possibility was amazing, plus with all this current buzz about fairy tales being the next hit in the paranormal genre (I've seen some books about it, then tv shows...), but this one is such a mess, I don't even want to try the next ones.
Too bad, not even the new covers are enough to seduce me.

No comments:

Post a Comment