Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tess Gerritsen - The Keepsake

For untold years, the perfectly preserved mummy had lain forgotten in the dusty basement of Boston's Crispin Museum. Dubbed "Madam X," the recently rediscovered mummy is, to all appearances, an ancient Egyptian artifact. But medical examiner Maura Isles discovers a macabre message hidden within the corpse -- horrifying proof that this "centuries-old" relic is instead a modern-day murder victim. When the grisly remains of two other women are found, it becomes clear to Maura and Boston homicide detective Jane Rizzoli that a maniac is at large. Now Maura and Jane must unravel a murderer's twisted endgame before the Archaeology Killer adds another chilling artifact to his monstrous collection.


Comment: Another great book by this author. I don't think I've read anything by her that made me think badly of her power as a writer. She writes in a very clean, precise way. She goes to the point, she makes the reader think about this and that and she delivers. I'm very happy with her books, thrillers aren't my favourite books but in her case..perfect.
This book, once more, was done amazingly, all the pieces fitted together, it seemed she just...I don't know, started and finished, there isn't a page there that doesn't belong, that was wasted. I love this about her writing.
The storyline continues things in the recurrent protagonists' lives, we see a bit of their social circle interactions and feel intrigued.
The mystery in this story was intense and I confess, a time or two I was indeed afraid to be alone in the dark thinking about certain things. It's not Stephen King terror, but it suggests interestingly.
The "invited" characters in the story have interesting personalities, it was a story that gained life, very good.
I don't know what else to say about this author, she rocks and I'm so happy to have followed a friend's advice and started reading her.

No comments:

Post a Comment