Once again, here I am with 2012 statistics on my book loving life...
During the year, I've read 200 books, how amazing is that I got a pretty round number, hum?
I've read five more than in 2011. I've read more in August and less in January, June, July and September. I have an average of 16,6 books/month.
I've purchased 99 books, spending 598,76 € (it's $ 790,55)
I got less 19 books than in 2011.
Of all the books I bought, 145 were of know authors to me, which means I invested in 55 authors.
I've read more paranormal, just like the previous year.
Of all the 200 books, I've sort of graded them like this:
- I loved 36
- I liked 51
- I thought 56 were OK
- I ended up indifferent to 44
- I didn't like much 13 of them.
Favorite authors of the year
This time I didn't have one book I thought was extremely wonderful, I liked several...
In no order whatsoever, my preferences for 2012 were:
Books I didn't like
Four come to mind, interesting how the bad ones got imprinted more...
- Written on Your Skin, Meredith Duran (didn't like either the story or the writing style)
- Siren's Call, Devyn Quinn (story promised a lot and didn't measure up)
- The Renfield Syndrome, JA Saare (no words to say how much I disliked it)
- Spesllcrossed, Barabara Ashford -> this one wasn't bad, just disappointing because the prequel was my absolute favorite of 2011 and I expected much more.
A quick note to mention the m/m books I don't give up on reading.
I've read 28 m/m books and fell in love with David Sullivan's The Sound of Your Voice, loved JL Langley's My Regelence Rake and the best series in the world for me too, Cut and Run series by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban, fantastic plot, romance, writing...
Right now I have 338 books to read, 98 of them are paranormal. I have less 33 books than last year.
And this is it.What about you guys?