Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Grades

Like I said in the previous post, I've decided to add grades to my comments. I didn't do this from the start because when I begun with the blog I just wanted to write three or four sentences with my general opinion about the book...well, things have changed, both in terms of writing space and personal purpose and I now it's easier to those visiting who might not want to read a boring text about something they don't intend to read at all to have a grade at the end that will tell what I thought without having to read everything. I'm friendly like that in my growing years, I know.

Personally, I don't have anything against sites that give 1 to 5 starts, points, kisses, whatever system works. But I'm in a country where I got used to the 1 to 20 marks at school and university and in a way it kind of helps to have a broader range of numbers to give a grade. Simply put, it's good to have as many as that because sometimes a book is more than a 3 but isn't exactly a 4 and the 3.5 isn't something I like that much.
Therefore I'll be grading 1 to 10. Easier on the math too.

So, things work out more or less like the following:
1 - more than bad.
5 - good enough, many interesting details
10 - perfection. 
Each comment, of course, will explain. The marks in the middle are pretty much self explanatory, it goes from the very bad 1s, almost DNF if I did that, to 10s perfection (most people's 5's).

The next book whose comment I'm posting is the first I've read in this month of October. I think it's fit that I should start with that one, being October the blog's anniversary and all...
If someone has suggestions, like I said before, I'm open to receive them.
Kisses!

S.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're grading too. I'm still a little iffy about grading my reviews. I began blogging without grading and loved it that way, changed it to grading, and now sometimes I just don't! LOL! Sometimes I think it's more important for readers to read the review than to just look at the grade... but, sigh... people love those grades.

    I like your grading scale. If I had to do it again, I would probably use the 1 to 5 numbers.

    ReplyDelete