Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Book Statistics

One more statistics' post and the best reads of 2017 for me! đź’™
Statistics!
In 2017 I've read 204 books, more in January (22 books) and less in February, May and December (15 books). This means an average of 17 books/month.
All these books mean 62342 pages, an average of 306 per book. Curiously, I've read more pages in March (5956) and less in December (3923).

Of all the books read, 121 were by known authors to me and 83 by new authors.

The first book of the year was It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning, in the middle was The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen and the last one was Wake a Sleeping Tiger by Lora Leigh.

Of all the books I read, I loved 16, liked 106, thought 71 were so-so, I didn't enjoy much of 10 and only one was totally bad for me.
Unlike last year, the genre I read the most was Contemporary (59), then Paranormal Romance (37), Historical (34), M/M (30), and pretty much the same were the Fictional books (27), Fantasy/Sci-Fi (9) and thrillers (7).

I've purchased 76 books, spending around 625,57€. An average of 52,13€/month and 6,3 books month.
I spent more in November, 15 books and 115,50€ and less in December (0€ yay).
I bought 5 more books and spent 97,33€ more than in 2016...

My TBR says 590 on Goodreads but some of them I don't actually have yet and I have some I didn't add to the site, so I'll round up things to 600. I know, it's huge and I can't keep up...and it hasn't improved since last year :/

Books Read!

-> I must say I don't have one specific book I would say is my best but if really pressed I would say Act Like It by Lucy Parker because it was flawless to me... 
As for the negative, the worst for me this year was Jaked by Sabrina Stark.
I gave 5 stars to 16 books but I recognize they also have faults. They worked perfectly to me for some reason but they aren't books any reader could love universally. 
Yes, everyone has a different taste but when it comes to very successful books, it's general consensus that more people would like than dislike it... maybe it's my own taste that is changing or I simply didn't hit the "right" books to love to the extreme!
TOP 5 (in no specific order)

Act Like It/Pretty Face by Lucy Parker - It seems this author is a brilliant writer! I liked these two stories set in the world of London theaters and the amazing characters and their beautifully simple romances.

White Hot / Wildfire by Ilona Andrews - I don't think there's any chance of this team of authors being anything less than excellent. I really loved these two books, love, love, love all the details and perfect writing.

One Plus One by Jojo Moyes - I liked this road trip adventure and all the emotional aspects of why each of the main characters felt like being part of it. I also liked the romance, the HEA and the overall feeling of it all.

Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt - Yes, I'm late to the party but although the first book was good, I didn't exect this one to be so perfect for me. I liked the plot, the romance, the need and the obvious fact the main couple was destined to be together and show their love. Still thinking about it...

Slightly Wicked by Mary Balogh - I have since read the whole saga and this is still my absolute favorite. The heroine felt like perfection to me. Lovely romance, amazing family dynamics, this is a talented author.

Other very good titles for me in 2017:
 Monster in the Closet (Karen Rose), First Star I See Tonight (SEP), Etched in Bone (Anne Bishop).
TOP 3 M/M
I liked several m/m stories this year but these were my favorites, no specific order:
Showing Him the Ropes by Christa Tomlinson -  It's a a story about wrestling and how one player helps out a newcomer. I liked the romance, the relationship's dynamic, the feelings portrayed, the interactions with other characters...can't wait for more on this world/series by the author.
Tournament of Losers by Megan Derr - What a lovely fantasy story, I loved every page and every moment spent with the main character. Maybe not the best romance ever but it was super cute and magical.

A Kind of Honesty by Lane Hayes - I also loved the first book in this series, this is #3 but I really liked how much more emotional situations I saw here. It's a great contemporary story about two different people being perfect together.

TOP 3 Disapointments
And, of course, there are the books that were a let down.
I already said which book I liked the less but I didn't have many expectations. The disappointments are books I hoped I'd really like but that didn't manage to captivate me in the way I expected.

Welcome to Last Chance by Hope Ramsey - The premise is good and I usually like small town stories but the romance wasn't convincing and the character's decisions not easy to understand.
Finding Pride by Jill Sanders - A woman regaining her own worth and finding love in the process seemed a good start for a sweet romance novel but the reality is that I found this boring and lacking the well placed elements to make it enthralling.

Goody Two Shoes by Janet Elizabeth Henderson - This was silly, totally lacking believability and although the story's premise could have gone an interesting way, I just couldn't accept how the main characters were supposed to have been in love after days of knowing each other.

And this is it for 2017.
Obviously, there will be more next year! đź’—

No comments:

Post a Comment