Saturday, October 12, 2019

Blog anniversary


We're in October and although I wasn't this thoughtful each year, the reality is that this month my blog has its anniversary.
I've started this in 2010 so this little corner of the internet is 9 this year.

I've started it with no real purpose, it was just a way to convey some thoughts on books and things I read. I had in mind when I started something quite simple, like a sort of "hello, I'm here" kind of blog but after a while it stopped being what I wanted.
It got to a point I felt small comments and updates on what I was currently reading were not really my thing nor did I think it would interest anyone. I don't really mind only a few read this but well, Isomeone out there does read some content here and there.
suppose the goal is to know

With time I kept changing a few things, adding others as time went by but it was not long after starting I realized I had to have some structure to my posts and to how I could organize things.
Therefore, I just decided to use this as a sort of diary for the books I read and I have always tried to write my comments in order of reading. I try to mix my books so I don't get stuck in the same genre that long. I used to binge on authors but nowadays what I prefer to do is to space series/authors more, it seems those "last longer".

I've said before, I think, I also like to write down monthly lists with books I have languishing in the pile. It's odd to pick in advance things to read. Sometimes I don't feel like it but I think I'd postpone ad infinitum many things otherwise.
Recently published books part of series I follow or by author I like I always tend to add anyway. It's a weird method but so it is to just pick something from the shelf without order.

Back to the blog, this means my reading choices are not really thought of to suit the blog. I often read hyped books way later so those who like those things rarely find this blog or if they do, it's not because they like what I write but one title, one author might have showed up on google search.
I suppose I thought about this blog more as a way to keep busy, to have an idea of why I liked or not in a book. After some years (in some book's case, months) it can be difficult to remember details or why it was good/bad outside of the generic appreciation. This, I felt, was a good way to keep those details in order without having to hand write, which I don't mind but it's not as appealing anymore to do that often.

I've seen some friends from the romancelandia stop writing in their blogs, taking huge hiatus from them... some I don't see interacting online that much, others use only goodreads... I don't know what I'll do if one day I just don't feel like writing anymore.
What I know is that I definitely want to keep writing my little comments for at least one more year so, all things considered, I'm as surprised as anyone coming here by how long this has been lasting.

Happy reading, everyone!

Images here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment