Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Inn at Eagle Point -Sherryl Woods

It's been years since Abby O'Brien Winters set foot in Chesapeake Shores. The Maryland town her father built has too many sad memories and Abby too few spare moments, thanks to her demanding Wall Street career, the crumbling of her marriage and energetic twin daughters. Then one panicked phone call from her youngest sister brings her racing back home to protect Jess's dream of renovating the charming Inn at Eagle Point.
But saving the inn from foreclosure means dealing not only with her own fractured family, but also with Trace Riley, the man Abby left ten years ago. Trace can be a roadblock to her plans…or proof that second chances happen in the most unexpected ways.


Comment: I was very eager to read this book. The blurb seems great and I was hoping for a great book. But no, it was a bit boring and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.

Abby returns to help her sister (who is a bit irresponsible, I think) and gets back with her ex-boyfriend, Trace. First of all their feelings, although aparently sincere, lacked emotion, the whole book lacked emotion. To focused on little details, on how to deal with details instead of feelings. That bothered me the most. I think the union in the family is a goal to reach, perhaps it's just this first book, but I hope things get better, that the author dares to make the books more vivid.

I'll try to read another one in the future but right now this author isn't what I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment