Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Vision in White - Nora Roberts


Childhood friends Mackensie, Parker, Laurel and Emmaline have formed a very successful wedding planning business together but, despite helping thousands of happy couples to organise the biggest day of their lives, all four women are unlucky in love. Photographer Mackensie Elliot has suffered a tough childhood and has a bad relationship with her mother, which makes her wary of commitment. But when she meets Carter Maguire, she can't stop herself falling for him, although his ex-girlfriend is prepared to play dirty to keep him. Mackensie soon realises she has to put her past demons to rest in order to find lasting love ...

Comment: Nora Roberts is one of my favourite authors. She still is.
There was a time whre I was obsessed with everything she wrote, she was the one author that "forced" me to read more in english, because there were few translated books of her in portuguese.
Things haven't changed and even tough some of her books don't say much to me, others remain in favourite tops.

Vision in White is the first in a quartet and is out for more than one year. I'm only now reading it because only now the 4th one was published. Now I can read them all together, like a giant book.
I liked Mac, I liked Carter and I liked their story. I think Nora has done better but it didn't disappoint me. I enjoyed the whole bride stuff, the why's, the how's.
The only thing I point at mrs Roberts is that everything goes well with her couples. They are all perfect in their jobs, in their motives, in their paths towards their professional goals. In real life (RL), people aren't like that. I'd like to see some struggle, some difficulties to reach that, instead of only the emotional challenges.
But ok, I forgive mrs Roberts because I like her books, I like the feelings she pours onto them.
Next read, Bed of Roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment