Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sherrilyn Kenyon - Invencible


Nick Gautier’s day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul.

His new principal thinks he’s even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to things he can’t even mention and the girl he’s not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him.

But more than that, he’s being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn’t learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them...



Comment (or a rant?): I must say I'm only reading this YA new series because of what may appear in them, otherwise, I'd not suffer throught the maze of new information again and again.
The author has an amazing imagination and we know she has a lot on her mind to write down, but...there are so many things happening in this series, I'm starting to feel very confused over everything! She keeps bringing more and more characters from all types of lengends and they all live in this world. This wouldn't be bad if she didn't change the focus all the time! But, alas, she does.
I've been in love with the series since book #1 and it surprised me how she could bond a story with so many emotions in a series labelled paranormal romance...there has been so much more going on...and now I feel she isn't tracking everything. I feel lost, pure and simple.
I think this YA series featuring Nick are very interesting but now we have to worry about things, the same ones I mean, in two different settings, with two possible outcomes, but which may be the same thing in the end. Confusing? Oh yes.
I'll admit it and say I'll read them, I'll keep confusing myself instead of waiting for the last one and take my chances, but I'm masochist that way. It will ease my conscience and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment